Monday, January 12, 2009

Max is SEVEN!

Here is the Birthday Boy! We can't believe he is SEVEN already! He had such a great birthday. Jason put little packages of peanuts from Southwest (Max's favorite) all over his bed while he was asleep. There were about a hundred packs. Max woke up and came into our room and said "There are peanuts all over my bed?" He got the biggest kick out of it, and talked about it all day. Sam and I met him after school with some balloons and he said he had a "nutty day".
Max specifically requested a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. "And I want candy on the top" Jake and I designed a Candyland motif. As anyone who knows Max can attest; He can put away the candy! (Really, Candyland reminds me of the two hundred games of it I played with Jake one year. Max was visiting Nana and Pa's during the early summer a couple of years ago, and Jake missed him terribly. He constantly wanted me to play Candyland or Pokemon card battles...boy did I miss Max those two weeks)
Close up of our masterpiece, before it was hacked to pieces by hungry boys!
We got a big tray of nuggets from Chick-fil-a. All the Spear boys are big fans of Chick-fil-a, so we had a sauce tasting. Everyone had to try out all the sauces. (Isn't our new camera cool? It takes such great pictures!) If there was a nugget eating contest...I think Jake won. We lost count of how many nuggets he ate. Sam was walking around like a chipmunk with a nugget in each cheek for about twenty minutes. Ahhh, good times!
Sam, Jake and Olivia were helping Max with his presents. He was chomping at the bit for Jason to get home so he could open them. I don't think the door had quite swung shut behind him before they were all in the dining room party zone, ready to go!
I was just looking at the scrapbook pages from his first birthday party the other day. He was such a cute little chubby chunk. Now he is getting tall and skinny with the cutest freckles on his nose. He is just my little sweetheart. He tells me at least everyday "you're the best mommy". And I tell him "you're the best Max"!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he is seven! I remember his first birthday party and it does not seem all that long ago.

Our 3 Monkees said...

I am with Stephanie, 7 already! Where has the time gone, I remember the baby shower. OMG. He seems to be a very healthy happy and of course very handsome boy. =)